"B-but not all farms are like that!!"
From backyard operations, to factory farms:
• All male chicks are killed in the course of egg production, whether at the hatchery or on the farm, because they do not lay eggs.
• All females used for eggs, milk, or breeding are killed at a fraction of their natural lifespan when their “productivity” declines.
• All females used for eggs, milk or breeding have their reproductive systems violated, manipulated and exploited.
• All animals exploited for eggs, milk or flesh have been genetically manipulated to increase their “productivity”.
• All animals raised for flesh are barely adolescent when they are violently killed.
• All animals used for human purposes are denied a natural life.
No matter how friendly the farmer is, or how bucolic the farm may appear, to the animals whose lives are manipulated and destroyed there, there is no such thing as “humane” farming.